The ProCertified Roofing Foreman certification ensures that a foreman has extensive technical and safety knowledge, communication and leadership skills.
For more information about NRCA ProCertification, including special discounts on application fees, contact Brad Martz, NRCA's director of sales, at (847) 493-7574 or email@example.com.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible to become an NRCA ProCertified Roofing Foreman, you must have enough experience and working knowledge of roof system installation practices and industry-specific safety practices to recognize when an installer is not following the manufacturer’s requirements or is violating a safety regulation.
To demonstrate your knowledge and experience, you can do one of the following:
Option A: Hold an NRCA ProCertified roof system installer certification in the roof system in which you want to be designated
Option B: Have two or more years of experience as a roofing foreman overseeing installation of the roof system in which you want to be designated
Eligibility also requires a supervisor to verify in writing he or she has observed you consistently:
- Responding to safety and quality violations in a timely fashion
- Motivating installers
- Modeling professional behavior
- Demonstrating effective leadership
A separate verification form must be submitted for each roof system designation.
- Meet the eligibility requirements shown in the Quick Start Guide.
- Complete an online application form.
- Have your employer verify your skills.
- Pass an online proctored computer-based exam.