The CERTA program has been in existence since 2004, which means some trainers—who must be reauthorized every three years—are facing their sixth authorization class.
Although NRCA encourages continued attendance and believes strongly that the CERTA class is a good experience for novice and experienced trainers, we recognize some trainers have an expert level of CERTA knowledge and well-developed training skills and have, therefore, earned the option to reauthorize online if desired.
To be eligible for online reauthorization, a trainer must have:
- Participated in the CERTA Train-the-trainer class five times and taught a minimum of five certification (or recertification) sessions OR
- Participated in the CERTA Train-the-trainer class at least three times and taught a minimum of 20 certification (or recertification) sessions
Trainers who meet one of these eligibility requirements may opt to enroll in the CERTA online reauthorization.
Reauthorization comprises the following:
- Policy changes from the past few years
- Information about training and torching safety practices
- An exam (passing score is 80%)
Complete this application. Once you submit it, the CERTA program administrator will verify your information and email you a link to purchase the course.
Fee: Member price: $595 | Nonmember price: $895